A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Tirana
2013Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2013.
- Organized community groups to provide young people with professional training to earn a living.
- Educated 10 local doctors on how to improve the quality of primary healthcare services.
- Training preschool educators on child-friendly teaching methods to improve the learning environment for young children.
- To increase the quality of education, created three community groups to train 65 teachers on preventing school drop-outs, and organized summer classes for 230 students.
- Provided vocational training for youth in skills like hairdressing and auto service.
- Established groups of representatives from local businesses, civil societies, and the community, and trained them to work to reduce domestic violence and child abuse.
- 4,200 boys and girls enjoyed treats and fun activities according to their age. Gifts included hats, coloring books, balls, sports uniforms, and more.