A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Tirana
Community NewsThanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2012.
- Helped farmers access small business loans, enabling them to improve production, acquire additional livestock, and increase houshold incomes.
Food and Agriculture
- Farmers participated in training to improve livestock health and production.
- Facilitated training sessions for parents on proper childcare to promote improved child health.
- Established health clubs to encourage children to adopt healthy practices and equipped them to share their knowledge with peers.
Water and Sanitation
- Worked to raise community awareness of healthy hygiene and sanitation practices to reduce the spread of disease.
- Formed water, sanitation, and hygiene groups, empowering them to develop new initiatives to improve health in their communities.
- Organized summer camps for children, providing them with opportunities to develop important life skills and build positive relationships.
- Provided training for teachers and school directors in improved teaching methods, increasing their ability to effectively teach students through extracurricular activities and student-centered education.
- Community members attended child protection workshops, which address issues such as positive discipline, violence against children, and systems for reporting cases of abuse.
- Encouraged children to participate in community development projects, empowering them to raise awareness of children's rights and improved health.