- HOME - WorldVision.org
- OUR IMPACT
- SPONSOR A CHILD
- WAYS TO GIVE
- GET INVOLVED
- ABOUT US
My World Vision
MAKE A DONATION
SPONSOR a child now
A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Kolwezi
Community NewsThanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2012.
- Organized recreational and spiritual activities, providing an opportunity for 5,549 children to develop important life skills.
- Worked with local churches to provide spiritual development programs for children.
- Formed 12 savings groups, comprised of 141 farmers. Members of these groups save their money and work together to improve their economic circumstances.
Food and Agriculture
- Provided training for 55 community members in cultivating commercially viable crops, to improve agricultural production and increase household incomes.
- Supported 290 families with maize seeds to improve crop production and increase household incomes, enabling families to provide nutritious food for children and support their education.
- Worked with local health agencies to immunize 5,713 children against preventable childhood diseases.
- Supported community health workers to provide 1,586 pregnant women with prenatal care, working to ensure the health of mother and baby.
- Offered health education for 1,264 pregnant women on the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV and coordinated HIV testing and counseling services.
- Coordinated with local health agencies to organize HIV and AIDS education for 8,200 community members.
- Collaborated with community care coalitions and local churches to provide health, education, and nutritional support for 464 orphans and vulnerable children.
Water and Sanitation
- Provided children with health education to develop healthy hygiene and sanitation practices, such as handwashing.
- Partnered with local churches to construct 6 classrooms and provide 120 desks, working to improve the learning environment and increase enrollment of students.
- Tricycles were given to people in the community with disabilities, providing them with greater mobility.
- Children played soccer and basketball games, sang, and enjoyed treats during their birthday celebration.