A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Chancho not available
Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2012.
Food and Agriculture
- Provided 200 community members with tools to improve irrigation practices, helping to increase crop yields and improve food security.
- 109 households received training in improved agricultural practices, including fertilizer preparation and crop protection.
- Supported 180 households with improved horticultural seeds and 17 households with improved cereal seeds, working to improve crop diversification and production.
- Worked with community health agencies to immunize over 13,000 woman and children against preventable diseases.
Water and Sanitation
- Continued to raise awareness of healthy sanitation practices, including proper waste disposal, to reduce the spread of disease.
- Helped construct a water pipeline, increasing community access to clean water and reducing the prevalence of waterborne illness.
- Trained 70 community members in water management, working to ensure the sustainability of community water sources.
- Furnished 17 local schools with classroom materials, helping to improve the learning environment for students.
- Supported 878 students with school fees enabling them to continue their education.
- 107 young people participated in leadership training focused on work ethics and effective management skills.
- Supported 270 orphans and vulnerable children and children with special needs with educational materials and access to healthcare, enabling them to continue attending school.
- Began construction of a child development center, which will provide a safe place for children to play and learn.
- Children had fun playing games, telling stories, receiving gifts, and eating treats during their birthday celebration.