A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Chancho not available
2013Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2013.
- Trained 40 young people on entrepreneurship and metal and wood working to equip them with skills to earn an income.
Food and Agriculture
- Trained 60 farmers on pest management and organic fertilizer preparation, and 96 people on sheep and poultry rearing, enabling them to increase their agricultural production.
- Provided 310 animals of better, healthier breeds to community members to help strengthen local livestock.
- Helped vaccinate 4,006 children to protect them from preventable diseases.
- Provided prenatal supplements to 2,141 pregnant women, helping them and their babies stay healthy.
- Worked to prevent malaria by spraying houses, draining mosquito-attracting ponds, and providing insecticide-treated bed nets, which have benefited 15,354 people with a safer environment.
- Educated 160 students on HIV and AIDS to reduce the spread of the disease.
Water and Sanitation
- Trained 64 community members on water resource management, equipping them to look after local water sources and ensure sustainable access to clean water for families.
- Furnished seven schools and supplied them with books which have benefited 575 students with an improved learning environment.
- Trained 120 teachers and principals on improved teaching methods to enhance the quality of education for students.
- Providing tutoring for 300 struggling students, helping them succeed at school.
- Improved access to education for orphans, vulnerable children, and those with disabilities by training 281 community members on child rights and ways to improve educational equality.
- Children enjoyed a celebration with special treats and gifts of t-shirts and brooms (a welcome alternative to the plants they used to sweep with).