A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Jile Timuga not available
Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2012.
- 93 community members participated in education sessions on nonviolent conflict resolution, equipping them to promote peace-building in the community.
- Offered skills training for young people to learn how to operate a motor vehicle and get a drivers' license, equipping them to find jobs in public transportation.
Food and Agriculture
- Worked with community members to construct an irrigation system and provided a water pump, as a result 3,867 households are now able to irrigate crops.
- Provided 178 households with agricultural inputs such as tomato, ginger, sweet potato, and onion seeds.
- 34 farmers received training in livestock disease prevention and management and were equipped with necessary medications.
- Constructed 4 local shelters to provide vulnerable children with a safe place to stay, as a result 1,000 orphans and vulnerable children received nutrition and educational support, as well as clothing.
- 120 members of community care coalitions received training to provide orphans and vulnerable children and people living with HIV and AIDS with physical and emotional support.
Water and Sanitation
- Helped construct 4 water collection points and a reservoir, improving access to clean water for 12,711 community members.
- Worked to improve community sanitation practices by constructing a public latrine and shower, as well as two incinerators for waste disposal.
- Formed 7 new water management committees to raise awareness of water usage and manage clean water sources.
- Helped construct a new block of classrooms and renovate a local school, increasing access to education for 1,000 students.
- Equipped 5 adult education centers with blackboards and school books, and provided training for instructors to ensure the quality of education.
- Provided 20 local schools with desks, bookshelves, and reference books, benefiting 4,260 students.
- Supported 173 disabled children with school uniforms, educational fees, and nutritious meals, working to improve their quality of life.
- Children enjoyed storytelling, puzzles, and treats during the celebration.