- My Home
- My Overview
- My Sponsored Children
- My Giving & Account
- Country & Project Updates
- My Sponsorship Guide
- Share Sponsorship
A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Soweto Tulia
2014Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2014.
- 2,380 children from 28 schools attended sessions on social and spiritual nurture that were led by our partner, Children in Christ.
- Community savings groups helped 28 members increase their income. Savings groups provide interest-earning savings accounts and small, affordable loans for people who don’t have access to traditional banking services. This empowers them to plan for the future, start businesses, and meet their children’s basic needs.
- 97 community members, including 24 people living with disabilities, attended our entrepreneur classes on writing business plans, finding mentors, and building profitable small businesses.
- To provide psycho-social care for orphans, vulnerable children, and people living with HIV we started therapy groups for 79 adults and children.
- We supported four community-based organizations that are caring for orphans, vulnerable children, and people living with HIV with income-generating activities.
Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- 900 participants were educated on good hygiene and sanitation during a World Vision health campaign.
- Community leaders took part in a series of meetings that equipped them to handle cases of child abuse and child rights violations.
- World Vision hosted informational meetings on child rights and trained 52 community leaders on how to monitor and report cases of child abuse.