- HOME - WorldVision.org
- OUR IMPACT
- SPONSOR A CHILD
- WAYS TO GIVE
- GET INVOLVED
- ABOUT US
My World Vision
MAKE A DONATION
SPONSOR a child now
A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Soweto Tulia
Community NewsThanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2012.
- Strengthened 4 community organizations to improve income-generating activities, enabling them to better care for orphans and vulnerable children in the community.
- Partnered with the Kenya Agency of Development of Entrepreneurship and Technology, a local microfinance institution affiliated with World Vision, to help 140 community members access small business loans.
- Trained 161 community members to market and sell produce, providing them with income generating opportunities.
- Offered training for 141 community members in business management skills to help them run profitable businesses.
- Facilitated health education for 101 young people, focusing on malaria prevention, healthy-hygiene practices, and age-appropriate information on HIV and AIDS.
- Provided care and support for 2,124 orphans and vulnerable children and people living with HIV and AIDS.
- Provided scholarships for 230 orphans and vulnerable children to ensure equal access to education and vocational training opportunities.
- Trained 25 teachers in improved teaching methods, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to address student challenges.
- Helped construct 5 new classrooms in local schools, improving the quality of education.
- Provided training for 3 school management committees to effectively monitor education, design curriculum, and develop plans for school improvement.
- Helped 194 orphans and vulnerable children by providing them with school uniforms.
- Assisted 220 secondary school studets and vocational students with school fees.