- My Home
- My Overview
- My Sponsored Children
- My Giving & Account
- Country & Project Updates
- My Sponsorship Guide
- Share Sponsorship
A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Soweto Tulia
2013Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2013.
- Trained 80 parents on business management methods, so they could increase their household income.
- Trained dozens of households on marketing and financial management to start new businesses or expand established ones.
- Helped people living with HIV and AIDS to invest in micro finance and new business opportunities, to be able to provide for themselves and their families.
- Partnered with the ministry of health to educate community members about preventing childhood diseases and providing infant nutrition.
- Created support groups for vulnerable children and people living with HIV and AIDS, providing the vital care they need.
- Strengthened health support groups for people living with HIV and AIDS, and educated school children about prevention.
Water and Sanitation
- 500 children at a local school attended trainings about good hygiene and sanitation practices, increasing the overall health and awareness of the community.
- Trained community organizations to use appropriate water disposal methods and wear protective gear to reduce exposure to harmful waste.
- Provided school fees for over 500 children so they could continue their education.
- Helped support 150 children living with HIV and AIDS to complete their secondary or vocational education.
- Coordinated with district leaders to train community members about responding to child rights' violations, making the community safer for children.