A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Zahle Bekaa
2013Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2013.
- Partnered with community groups to hold awareness sessions on reproductive health for adolescents in the area.
- Formed a local mothers' group with 17 women, training them in maternal and child health and nutrition topics and equipping them to share their knowledge with other community members.
- The local mothers' group held eight community sessions and events to teach people about healthy cooking, personal hygiene, childhood health, the importance of breastfeeding, and substance abuse prevention.
- Partnered with the Red Cross to hold emergency preparedness sessions for 2,250 children and teachers, including many Syrian refugees, raising awareness on ways to prevent and respond to disasters.
- Trained 50 staff members from all the primary healthcare centers in the area on how to provide emergency care to 125,000 Syrian refugees.
- Established acute malnutrition referral centers within Syrian refugee camps, giving children access to health and rehabilitation services.
- Trained members of 24 youth groups as peer leaders, educating them on life-skills and equipping them to share their knowledge on health and nutrition with over 4,000 other children and teens in their neighborhoods.
- Held summer camps and a fair for 2,000 children, to teach them positive life-skills through interactive games.