- My Home
- My Overview
- My Sponsored Children
- My Giving & Account
- Country & Project Updates
- My Sponsorship Guide
- Share Sponsorship
A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Zahle Bekaa
2014Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2014.
- Our staff participated in weekly faith and dialogue meetings and hosted a Prayer Day to increase understanding of our own faith and the beliefs of others.
- Emphasizing the Christian values of tolerance and equality, we organized a sports day for 136 youth from different religious backgrounds. Youth who attended the event participated in sports activities and an interfaith dialogue to get to know each other.
- In partnership with primary healthcare centers, we trained mothers' groups on a variety of topics including healthy pregnancies, safe delivery, and preventing childhood infections in order to prepare them to respond to their children's health needs.
- We collaborated with Red Cross youth members to host a community workshop for adolescents on health, nutrition, and prevention of substance abuse.
- To improve their educational experience, 30 students with learning difficulties received our support to help them adapt to their school environment and relate to their peers.
- To enhance the quality of education for children, we organized eight awareness sessions for parents on the importance of their involvement in their sons' and daughters' education.
- We conducted training sessions for emergency response committee members and healthcare providers on how to care for children during emergencies such as refugee resettlement.
- We conducted nine child rights training sessions for children on advocating for their rights to education, health, and protection.
- To promote youth participation and leadership in community development, we empowered young leaders to organize summer camps for 1,125 children and 124 youth.
- As a birthday gift to children in the community, a public park was renovated to provide a safer, more child-friendly environment.