A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Casitas
2013Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2013.
- Trained 40 youth in mechanics and handicrafts, so they would be more employable and could increase their family income.
Food and Agriculture
- Provided hens to 100 mothers of malnourished children, and taught them to grow nutritious food such as eggplant, onion, and cabbage.
- Helped 20 schools plant school gardens to produce tomatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, and corn for nutritious school meals.
- Supported special-needs children with medical services, such as health consultations, eye glasses, and orthopedic shoes.
- Trained 25 mothers of toddlers on how to use early stimulation activities to teach their little ones motor skills, and encouraged these moms to share the ideas with other parents.
- Trained parents and caregivers on the negative impacts of child abuse, exploitation, and neglect, to work towards making children feel safe in their community.