- My Home
- My Overview
- My Sponsored Children
- My Giving & Account
- Country & Project Updates
- My Sponsorship Guide
- Share Sponsorship
A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Hatun Jirka not available
2014Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2014.
- We incorporated biblical reflection and prayer into development activities and worked with a local church to organize a retreat for 104 children.
- The prevalence of diarrhea among children decreased from 9.9 percent to 6.5 percent due to families' efforts to improve their living conditions. Improvements included installing ecological stoves and refrigerators, adopting healthy hygiene practices, cleaning up areas where children play, and rearranging homes to be safer for children.
- 370 families are better able to provide nutritious meals for their children after learning how to raise and breed small livestock.
- 24 mothers were trained to mentor other mothers, teaching them how to create a nurturing home environment and how to stimulate their children's emotional and social development.
- More than 34 percent of families with children younger than 3 years old are now practicing strategies to stimulate their children's development.
- Equipped through our early childhood education workshops, more than 57 percent of parents with children between the ages of 3 and 5 are helping their children get ready to read.
- Together with community members, we helped establish seven child development centers, which offer early childhood education programs and parenting resources.
- 12 children's clubs spoke up for child rights by carrying out activities such as an anti-bullying campaign and participating in local congress meetings.
- With our help, community members developed a community development plan that includes items such as promoting child rights, mitigating the impact of natural disasters, and holding workshops on issues that affect children's lives.
- Children celebrated their birthdays at a fun-filled party featuring games, clowns, and music.