- My Home
- My Overview
- My Sponsored Children
- My Giving & Account
- Country & Project Updates
- My Sponsorship Guide
- Share Sponsorship
A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Hatun Jirka not available
2013Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2013.
Food and Agriculture
- Assisted 176 families with training and supplies to start vegetable gardens and raise small livestock, helping them provide more nutritious food for their children.
- Worked with 159 families, helping them effectively rearrange their homes to improve sanitation and help prevent diarrhea and respiratory illnesses in young children.
- Trained 310 families on how to reduce disease through safe water consumption and regular handwashing practices.
- Enabled 38 healthcare workers to strengthen their skills in communication and promote proper nutrition and hand-washing practices among families.
- Helped 73 families learn the importance of age-appropriate nutritional practices for young children.
- Equipped 10 teachers to help children ages three to five improve their reading and writing skills.
- Established 12 children's clubs, fostering leadership skills in 401 boys and girls.
- Worked to strengthen two local child protection networks with increased knowledge on children's rights issues, helping more kids live in a safe environment.