A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Green Valley
Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2012.
- Facilitated Bible studies for 2,776 community members, strengthening their understanding of biblical principles.
- Provided 170 community leaders with training to develop organizational management skills.
- 1,821 members of community savings and credit groups received training in income management practices.
- Formed 79 community savings groups, which help families access credit to expand their small businesses.
Food and Agriculture
- Trained 293 families in new technical skills and farming methods, working to increase household incomes.
- 331 children participated in health education to learn proper hygiene practices and develop self-confidence.
Water and Sanitation
- Provided 453 children with training in healthy hygiene and sanitation practices, working to reduce the spread of disease.
- Provided 99 community members with training to support children with learning disabilities, helping to improve the learning environments for these children.
- Supported 124 children with tutoring to strengthen their academic skills.
- Helped construct and repair local schools, improving the learning environment for 800 students.
- Trained 987 community members in disaster response, equipping them to mitigate the risks and impact of disasters.
- Children started the day with songs and prayer, then played games, performed traditional dances and music, and ate a delicious meal.