A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Green Valley
2013Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2013.
- Formed community credit and savings groups that provide small business loans to farmers, and help parents save money for children's education and medical expenses.
- Trained 891 families to start backyard gardens, so they can provide better nutrition and earn extra household income.
- Improved the health of children under age five by providing nutritional support for underweight children and training pregnant women on the benefits of breastfeeding during the first six months.
- Created community savings and credit groups for pregnant women, so they can afford to give birth at a hospital and reduce the risk of delivery complications.
Water and Sanitation
- Decreased waterborne diseases among children by training mothers and caregivers on the importance of hand-washing and boiling water for sanitation.
- Increased opportunities for youth by providing scholarships for college students and vocational training for students who didn't finish school.
- As gifts to benefit children materials were given to the community to construct community centers, sound systems, or tables and chairs.