A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Himaya
Community NewsThanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2012.
- 3,479 children participated in Bible study activities, during which they received spiritual nurture and learned about the importance of education.
- Provided 3,429 families with training to start small businesses, helping to improve their economic circumstances.
- Supported 1,833 families with access to small business loans.
- Organized 120 community savings and credit groups, supporting 2,113 members with improved financial security.
Food and Agriculture
- Helped 502 families start home gardens to provide nutritious food and an additional source of income.
- 224 farmers started vegetable gardens, enabling them to sell produce in local markets and increase their household income.
- 74 malnourished children received support through a nutrition program, improving their health and nutritional status.
- 99 families received training in proper nutrition, working to improve the health and well-being of children.
- Mothers attended cooking demonstrations to learn to prepare nutritious meals for their families.
Water and Sanitation
- Organized a community campaign to promote healthy environmental sanitation practices, working to reduce the spread of disease.
- Helped renovate classrooms in eight local schools and provided new equipment, improving the learning environments for 1,742 children.
- The celebration opened with prayer and devotions, then children played games and received gifts.