A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Himaya
2013Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2013.
- Provided spiritual nurture programs for over 6,000 children, in order to teach them Bible stories and encourage them to make positive life choices.
- Increased household income for vulnerable families by offering them small business management training, and by forming community savings and credit groups to teach money management.
- Provided youth with vocational training, so they could work in small businesses and earn much-needed income for their families.
Food and Agriculture
- Conducted a backyard gardening program, so community members could provide nutritious family meals and sell vegetables for much-need income.
- Improved the nutritional status of underweight children under age five, by providing their parents with nutrition education and support.
- Educated community leaders about child rights, and about taking care of children in respectful ways.