A glimpse into the life of your sponsored child's community
Weather in Karaba not available
2013Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, World Vision was able to work alongside communities to accomplish the following in 2013.
- Partnered with local associations to provide 70 key community members with trauma counseling training, so they can help others.
- Helped establish 30 community savings groups by providing them with start-up capital. These groups are now using their savings for school fees, health insurance, and basic home needs.
- Provided skills training for 24 community cooperatives so they can start generating income to support their families.
Food and Agriculture
- Helped 43 farmers through training on better livestock-rearing techniques so they can increase their yields.
- Supplied families with 1,639 avocado and orange seedlings to plant in kitchen gardens, enabling them to provide more nutritious food for their children.
- Trained 45 health workers and volunteers on how to manage acute malnutrition among children.
- Worked with 30 local church leaders and equipped them with training and information on HIV and AIDS prevention, advocacy, and care.
- Helped 53 children and young adults learn value-based life skills.
Water and Sanitation
- Provided 33 water tanks to the community for collecting rain water from rooftops, helping prevent soil erosion, and improving hygiene by supplying water for washing.
- Paid school and vocational training center fees for 204 orphans and vulnerable children.