- My Home
- My Overview
- My Sponsored Children
- My Giving & Account
- Country & Project Updates
- My Sponsorship Guide
- Share Sponsorship
Send a Package
Let your sponsored child know you're thinking about him or her.
Many sponsors wish to do something extra for their sponsored children by sending gifts. We encourage doing so—just be sure to send small, inexpensive items that fit into a 6”x 9” envelope. Send your envelopes to your child's World Vision national country office. The office address can be found on the left side of this page under your child's picture. Make sure to include your child's name and ID number on the back of the envelope.
Unfortunately, due to high import duties and restrictions by foreign governments, many local World Vision offices cannot receive packages larger than a 6"x9" envelope for sponsored children. Any envelopes or packages sent to our address in Washington state will be donated to a local charity.
*Please note that sponsored children in Gaza are currently unable to receive packages.
What to send
Here are some small items that sponsored children especially enjoy and that fit into a 6"x9" envelope. Use your imagination to come up with others!
- Picture Postcards
- Hair ribbons
- Coloring Books
- Small puzzles
- Paper airplanes
- Small notebooks or pads of paper
- Colored pencils and a sharpener
- Handmade items (small paintings, flat craft projects)
- Drawings made by children, grandchildren, or children at your church
What not to send
- Crayons, which could melt
- Toys or other items that appear expensive
- Toys that resemble dangerous animals, such as spiders or snakes (they may be frightening to the child)
- Keepsakes or items of great sentimental value
- Money of any currency, which could be confiscated
- Food and candy